When trying to deploy the VirtuoSIS OVA template in VMware ESXi 5.1.0 you get the following error message (see attachment):
- "Failed to deploy OVF package: The task was canceled by a user."
This error usually occurs at 99% or 100% completion of the process. This article may apply to other version of VMware.
There is an XML value in the OVF file that points to a resource that VMware does not find.
- Untar / extract the .ova file to a local destination. This can be done with WinRAR or other RAR aware program.
- Delete the .mf file. This is a checksum file. We will be modifying the OVF file so we will need to create a new one.
- With a text editor like Notepad open the .ovf file. Search for the following:
Once located change it to read:
- Download the VMware Open Virtualization Format Tool
- Use this tool to create a new .ova package. This is a command line tool so you must type the command manually.
- ex: ovftool VirtuoSIS.ovf VirtuoSIS2.ova
- You may have to enter absolute paths to your resources. The above command was executed with the SIS files in the same relative path as the ovftool.
- With the newly created VirtuoSIS2.ova file attempt to deploy it again.